Gas mileage in a car can make a major difference in how much money you spend a year on gas. Although the economy has bounced back a little since 2008 and gas prices have gone down, they are still high and people are looking for ways to save. The average for gas is $3.52 per gallon in the United States, which isn’t exactly totally cheap. A car with good gas mileage could end up saving you a lot of money. Even just a few miles less per gallon can make a huge difference in how much you spend. Although you might need a truck, which doesn’t really get great gas mileage, you might want to consider getting one that gets better gas mileage than others like it.
If you are in the market for a new car, you are probably going to want to consider getting a car that gets decent gas mileage. The last thing you want is to do is buy a car without doing your research. No matter what kind of car you are in the market for, you might want to do a little research and see how it is ranked in its class before you make any decisions. Whether you are getting a truck, a hybrid, or just a regular sedan, you might want to take certain information into account.
I went to this website, www.autobytel.com, which gives a very detailed account of what cars are the worst gas guzzlers for 2012 in a number of catergories. There was a lot of great information on there and i suggest you check it out if you are looking to buy a brand new 2012 car. Here are a few categories i thought would be helpful to anyone looking to buy a new car for a quick reference in helping you decide if any of there cars are on your radar.
Here is a list of a few different of cars and how they are ranked in their gas mileage compared to other cars in their class.
Top 5 gas guzzling Coupes for 2012:
1. 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution-22 mpg
2. 2012 Subaru Impreza LURX STI-23 mpg
3. Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder-24 mpg
4. 2012 Misubishi Lancer-25 mpg
5. 2012 Mazda Mazdaspeed3- 25 mpg
Top 5 gas guzzling Sedans for 2012:
1. 2012 Maybach 57-16 mpg
2. 2012 Maybe 62-16 mpg
3. Bently Continental Flying Spur-17 mpg
4. 2012 Bentlly Mulsanne- 18 mpg
5. Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class-18 mpg
Top 5 gas guzzling Trucks for 2012:
1. 2012 Ford F150-14 mpg
2. 2012 Nissan Titan-17 mpg
3. 2012 Toyota Tundra-17 mpg
4. 2012 Toyota Tacoma-18 mpg
5. 2012 GMC Sierra 1500-18 mpg
Top 5 gas guzzling Hybrids for 2012:
1. 2011 BMW Active Hybrid X6-19 mpg
2. 2012 Cedillac Escalade Hyrbid-23 mpg
3. 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid-23 mpg
4. 2012 Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid-23 mpg
5. 2012 GMC Sierra 1500 Hybrid-23 mpg